Mold does not look attractive and can sometimes put out an odor, but it is much more dangerous than that. Mold can also impact your health and can become a serious problem.
Allergic reactions are the most common threat that mold presents. Most people experience systems such as sneezing, coughing, itchy eyes and throat and sometimes skin rashes. Long exposure can cause these symptoms to become severe. Asthma attacks can be triggered in those with allergies and asthma. Allergic reaction systems and illness can still occur in individuals without a specific mold allergy. Young people and elderly with compromised immune systems can be in serious risk of developing dangerous lung infections and other lung related conditions.
While allergies can be pesky, mold is more than just irritating it can be life threatening! Hypersensitivity pneumonitis occurs when exposure to mold spores causes the lungs to become inflamed. This chronic inflammation can cause irreversible scarring of the lungs that may severely impair breathing and functionality. If a person leaves the infected environment it is not guaranteed that their symptoms will demolish. There are other diseases and illness caused from mold that can cause permanent damage to your body. It has been suspected in instances of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS). It is important for babies with developing lungs to be clear of infestations to prevent serious illness and control risk for sudden infant death syndrome.
People who have had specific hazardous types of mold infestations containing black mold typically report signs of headaches, trouble concentrating, dizziness and allergy or flu like symptoms. Usually symptoms will decrease once a person is no longer around the mold, however immune system problems can linger for longer periods of time. Have you noticed symptoms while in your home and less when you are away? If you have noticed cold symptoms only in your home or for an unusual amount of time in you or a family member, look into clearing your home of mold. Mold can hide in your home! You can’t always see the mold in your home, and this is why it is essential to act quickly when it is seen. Mold can grow in walls behind wallpaper or siding, inside air vents, or on the edges or under flooring.
Keep your family safe and check damp areas for growth and if you have already been experiencing problems, call Green Home Solutions for help. At Green Home Solutions we will make mold removal treatment simple and stress free. Trying to detect all of the mold in your home can be challenging and chances are if you are seeing some mold, more is lurking and hiding behind those areas. At Green Home Solutions we make the process easy and quick. We proudly serve all of Central Kentucky, including Lexington, Versailles, Georgetown, and Nicholasville. Green Home Solutions is a friendly locally owned business with honesty and integrity at its core. Our professionals are friendly and knowledgeable, your satisfaction is our priority! If mold is impacting your health, call us today to get back to feeling yourself!